Credit Check Your Customers
Why do You Need a Credit Report?
"Making a Sale Without a Credit Check is Like Playing Poker With a Card Shark"
Experience has taught us your chance of encountering difficulties with problem debtors will dramatically reduce if you take one simple step: "Take Out a Credit Report!"
Because we understand it's important you make the best credit decisions to reduce your risk exposure we are able to offer you a range of credit reports to meet your needs. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is something you’d be interested in.
There are a number of reasons you should credit check customers:
- Who are you granting credit to?
- Accurately assessing your customer's worth helps with your credit decisions and setting credit terms.
- It will verify the correct legal entity you are trading with, which is vital if the debt becomes delinquent and you have to take action for its recovery.
- By monitoring your customer's performance during a course of trading you will be alerted if their financial position deteriorates. This will allow you to reassess credit terms and if the account is in arrears assist with further decisions you may want to take for its recovery.
- For delinquent accounts, credit checks are important before instructing recovery action as a final way of verifying your customer's legal status and whether other creditors are pressing for payment.
If you would like to verify the name of the company you are wanting to run a credit check on and whether or not this company is limited or non-limited then check first at www.companies-house.gov.uk.